Where is this happening: Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Outlook 2010 connecting to Office 365 (Microsoft online).
How to fix it:
- Go to Microsoft Outlook > Account Settings > SharePoint tab - click on the list in question and remove it.
- Login to microsoftonline with admin credentials
- go to manage sites and find the List in question
- Click on connect list to Outlook
- You will be prompted to allow this site to open outlook on the local machine
- Next you will be prompted to login - use that users credentials (not the admin credentials with which you logged in to the Microsoftonline site)
- Make sure to check the "stay logged in" checkbox
- Outlook should synchronize the list successfully.